Did you know that 70-80% of all of your immunity cells are located in and around the intestinal tract? Did you know…
- Your small intestines are lined with mucus that is produced by special cells in your small intestine. The mucus is a barrier to bacteria, viruses and yeast.
- Your intestinal mucus also supports friendly bacteria known as probiotics and is your first line of pathogen defense.
- The major lymph node centers are located in your small intestinal, groin, armpits and throat. Your lymph nodes can identify potential pathogens and start to create antibodies to fight off the pathogens. You can say that your lymph nodes are your first line of attack against pathogens.
- Your small intestines can be as long as 23 feet? Your large intestines are around 5 feet long.
- After your small intestines finish absorbing nutrients, your blood carries nutrients to feed your body?
- Anything that isn’t absorbed by the small intestines goes into your large intestines then makes it final destination out of your body?
- Diet plays an important role in creating a healthy intestine? Too much mucus can be created by food imbalances such as eating too much refined, gluten and dairy products that not only make your digestion sluggish, but can cause the bowels to move slowly or not at all. Excess mucus can be seen in cough and sinus congestion, especially in children with chronic ear infections. If you have carbohydrates or sugar cravings, it is possible that your body has an imbalance. Check with your primary care doctor.
What can you do to help your immunity system? Try these simple build immunity hand reflexology techniques, especially when you start to feel under the weather. Do these techniques every other day, repeating each technique once on each hand. When you start to feel better, repeat the techniques every third day, then every fourth day and then once a week for maintenance.
If you are one of those people who are really conscious about staying healthy, you can support your digestive health by incorporating these techniques as part of your wellness plan. After applying these hand reflexology tips, it is suggested to drink plenty of water to flush out toxins.
Best yet, schedule some reflexology sessions with the Healing Place! We specializes in helping clients to stay and keep healthy through the long winter months. Call today to schedule 508 359-6463.
The Healing Place has helped hundreds of people to find long last relief from their chronic pain, digestive issues and balance hormones naturally.
Helen Chin Lui is a certified Reflexologist, Certified Energy Medicine and Reiki Practitioner. She is the founder and owner of the Healing Place in Medfield. She specializes in helping people with chronic digestive disorders. For her free report “Proven Alternative Ways to Heal Common Chronic Digestive Problems: What Your Doctor Doesn’t Know Can Keep You From Healing” click here for your free report.