Sometimes you may get a bloated and uncomfortable feeling after you have a meal, especially if the meal is big. There are many reasons why this is happening, but you don’t know why. All you know is you feel uncomfortable. Your queasy stomach may feel like nausea, dizziness, gas, or heartburn which can inhibit some of your activities if it is not alleviated. Most of the time you take action by medicating or examining what you have just eaten to cause this discomfort.
There are many causes of a queasy stomach. Here is just one possible cause –
Dysmotility is a condition that gives you a feeling of fullness or bloating. People sometimes describe it as feeling like a dull stomach ache or heartburn. The feeling persists, even when you haven’t just finished a large meal, very much like mild heartburn. As an excess of gasses are trying to be processed through your digestive system, there is often a lot of belching and it is extremely uncomfortable.
How does this happen?
- Consuming too much alcohol. This can lower the stomach’s ability to process food in a timely manner.
- Eating a heavy, late-night snack before bed can cause bloating. The food sits in your stomach and does not process. The secretions that are required for digestion are not being produce.
- Eating heavy, rich and fatty food is extremely difficult for the stomach to process, which slows the entire digestion process.
- Eating meals on the run, not chewing food properly, skipping meals or failing to eat on schedule can lead to a queasy stomach. When your stomach becomes confused with your eating schedule, it holds onto food instead of processing it, because it is not certain when it will have its next meal.
- Try sitting or lying down to settle your queasy stomach
- Do you feel constipated? Try passing stools, this may give you instant relief
- Try making a tea by thinly slicing 4 or 5 slices of fresh ginger with lemon juice. The acid of the lemon juice will neutralize your stomach while the ginger will calm it.
- Avoid acidity, spicy and fatty foods
- Try mixing 1 teaspoon of baking soda in a 8oz glass of water
- Take an antacid
- Take 1 tbsp of apple cider vinegar directly or mix it with 8 ounces of water
- If it is a severe case, call your doctor to ask for advice
A combined ear, hand and foot reflexology therapy has helped 100% of my clients find relief from queasy stomach in a relatively short time. The reflexes for the stomach, small and large intestines, and diaphragm help relax the spine and are worked on the feet, hands and ears. Average results are achieved within 3-4 sessions with a professional Reflexologist followed by a monthly maintenance reflexology program once dysmotility symptoms have diminished. For temporary stomach and constipation relief relief, try this hand reflexology tip on my youtube channel. It is easy, quick to do, and best of all you can do it anytime and anywhere.
Being aware of your health habits will help you to eliminate many dysmotility symptoms. Start by incorporating a healthy lifestyle habits consisting of a balanced diet, stress reducing activities, exercising, getting enough rest, limiting alcohol intake, and quitting smoking. Before you know you will be on the road of good health.
Watch for more future articles on how to balance the energy in your digestive system so that it stay healthy.
Check out my other digestive health articles –
- Do You Have an Emotional Stomach?
- Has IBS Caused You to Know Where all the Bathrooms are on Your Route?
- Do You Have Body Inflammation?
- How do Acidity and Alkaline Food Affects Your Body?
About the writer: Helen Chin Lui is a certified Reflexologist, Certified Energy Medicine and Reiki Practitioner. She is the founder and owner of the Healing Place in Medfield. She specializes in helping people with chronic digestive disorders. For her free report “Proven Alternative Ways to Heal Common Chronic Digestive Problems: What Your Doctor Doesn’t Know Can Keep You From Healing” click here for your free report.
If you want to investigate how reflexology and energy medicine can help you with your digestive disorder and other health problems, the Healing Place offers a FREE 60-minute consultation. Call 508 359-6463 to schedule a consultation today.