One of my Youtube subscribers asked me to make a reflexology tip on how to ease the symptoms of depression.
Accordingly to the National Institute of Mental Health (NIMH), did you know –
- Depressive disorders affect approximately 18.8 million American adults or about 9.5% of the U.S. population age 18 and older in a given year. This includes major depressive disorder, dysthymic disorder, and bipolar disorder.
- Everyone will at some time in their life be affected by depression.
- Pre-schoolers are the fastest-growing market for antidepressants. At least four percent of preschoolers — over a million — are clinically depressed. The rate of increase of depression among children is an astounding 23%
- 15% of the population of most developed countries suffers severe depression.
- 30% of women are depressed. Men’s figures were previously thought to be half that of women, but new estimates are higher.
Don’t the statistics sound scary? To help ease this pain I decided to make a combination of a hand and foot reflexology to calm the central nervous system. Please share it with loved ones and friends. If this video helped, please share your experience on the comment space below.
The Healing Place Medfield has helped hundreds of people to find relief from chronic pain and digestive issues. If you are at the point of your life you want to incorporate holistic practices, please call to schedule a 60 minute FREE consultation by calling 508 359-6463.