Announcing Healing Place Hand-Made Soap!
Healing Place Soaps are truly “hand-made” soaps. Soaps from the Healing Place are lovingly made with infused Reiki healing energy.
We are dedicated to making quality soaps! Used often! It is a “washing” experience.
The Soap Maker:
Our soap maker is Helen Chin Lui. She has always loved handcrafted soaps. It was one of her desires for more than twenty years to learn how to make them.
Healing Place soaps are incredible! They lather up beautifully, and are rich and creamy! Every batch of soap is small, comprising of 10 – 15 bars each consisting of more than five ounces. They are little chunks of heaven, and our customers love them. Once you experience a Healing Place bar of soap you won’t go back to your old soap.
How are Healing Place Soaps made?
We use the Cold Process (CP) method to make our soaps. CP is made up of three basic ingredients: water, lye and fats (oils). The lye is mixed with the water and then the solution is mixed with fats. A reaction takes place between the hydrogen, oxygen, sodium and fatty acid molecules called saponification. The result is a substance that is composed of five parts soap and one part glycerin.
Glycerin is a rich emollient that softens the skin and is retained in handmade soap. Unfortunately the glycerin is extracted out of commercially made soap, which leaves it hard and dry, and it does not moisturize the skin. Sorry!
What oils are used? We use a combination of olive, sunflower, palm and coconut oils. We sometimes experiment by adding either other butters such as shea, almond, and coconut butter.
What Fragrances and Additives are used? Healing Place uses pure essential oils (EO), fragrance oils (FO), botanicals, herbs, oatmeal, or other additives for exfoliation. There are no preservatives. We would say the shelf life for our soap is about a year… if it lasts that long that is!
Curing process (just like aging a bottle of wine)? Once the soap is poured, it needs a couple of days to harden before it can be removed from the molds. At this time, it is safe to use the soap since the process of saponification is complete. Cold-process soaps are typically cured and hardened on a drying rack for two–six weeks before use.
The Healing Place normally cures soaps for an average of three weeks. The longer a soap is left to cure the harder the bar becomes which in turn will leave you with a longer lasting bar. With normal usage (bath time and hand washing) a bar of soap lasts about 3 – 4 weeks.
Where can I buy your soaps?
You can get them at the Healing Place Wellness Store.
New soaps will be added almost daily until they are all available online. Contact Helen for special orders, wholesale and any questions.
If you have any suggestions or requests, simply Contact Us Here or Email Helen directly at: email@example.com
We can also customize soaps to people’s likings.
Our soap list (and growing)
- Bamboo and Sugar – FO, infused with raspberry seeds and topped with lemongrass. Sheer pampering!
- Citrus Delight – Grapefruit, Lime, Lemon EO topped with dried grapefruit peel.
- Earthly Lemon –Lemongrass and Patouli EO topped with dried lemongrass. Lemongrass and Patouli are great for balancing and grounding.
- Fresh Rosie – Rosemary and Spearmint EO infused with rosemary herbs. This combination is wonderful! How about Rosemary and Lemon?
- Lavender – Lavender EO and lavender flower buds infused throughout the soap. One of my favorites!
- Mango Pina Colada – FO infused with coconut shavings. You will feel as if you were sitting on the beach with a Pina Colada in your hand.
- No Mind Fresh – Sandalwood, Sage and Lime EO. Infused with oatmeal. For my husband’s college roommates back in the 80’s
- Put the Lime in the Coconut – Coconut and Lime EO. Infused with coconut shavings for exfoliation. What is that drink called?
- Ocean – FO, smells just like the ocean.
- Peppermint Patty – Peppermint EO for a wake-me-up experience.
- Raspberry Lime Ricky – Raspberry/Lime (EO and FO) with little raspberry soaps. Just to bring you back to your old summer days.
- Supreme Honey Pot – Ginger and Orange EO infused with local honey and oatmeal.
- Victorian Rose – FO infused with rose pedals. You will feel like you are in your grandmother’s rose garden (if your grandmother had a rose garden.)