All living materials are made of energy and matter. There are two types of energy, Veritable energy, and Putative energy. Veritable energy can be found in laser light and electromagnetic equipment, whereas Putative energy is found in the vibration of music, radiation and energy healing therapies (energy that we can’t see with our eyes.)
In energy medicine, the body’s energy system is comprised of chakras. The word chakra comes from the Sanskrit Cakra (Hindu) meaning “wheel” or “circle” or the “Wheel of Life.” This invisible energy, called Prana, is our vital life force that keeps us vibrant, active, healthy, and physically and emotionally alive.
There are seven main chakras and twenty-one minor chakras. The main chakras live on the spine and run from the groin to the forehead. The other twenty-one minor chakras are located throughout various locations in the body.
Everything in the universe is formulated from energy, whether they are living beings or inanimate objects. Even our thoughts and emotions are composed of energy. All living creatures have chakras and can emit energy from the body and into your external energy field known as an aura.
An aura is an energy that surrounds everything, including all living and deceased objects that were alive at some point, such as furniture made from trees. Non-living objects emit a low-energy frequency while living items emit a stronger energy vibration.
Your aura has seven layers corresponding with each of the seven main chakras.
- The first layer, closest to the body is the red root chakra. This chakra represents our primal needs, such as family, food, shelter, finances, feeling safe and grounded.
- The second layer connects to the Orange Sacral Chakra. This chakra represents how well we connect with our emotions, how we interact with others in personal and business environments, and how we manage our joy, happiness, and sexuality.
- The third layer connects to the Yellow Solar Plexus Chakra. This chakra represents our self-confidence, self-esteem, and self-worth.
- The fourth layer connects to the Green or Pink Heart Chakra. This chakra represents our ability to love ourselves and others, be joyful and have inner peace.
- The fifth layer connects to the Light Blue Throat Chakra. This chakra represents the capacity to speak the truth. Unfortunately, from the time we were children, we have learned it isn’t always safe to share our true feelings. We become afraid we will upset people or be judged on what we say. We then suppress communication and self-expression.
- The sixth layer connects to the Dark Blue Third Eye Chakra. This chakra represents our ability to focus and see the “big picture.” If this chakra is flowing, we have the capacity to access our wisdom, intuition, imagination, and be able to make thoughtful decisions.
- The seventh layer connects to the Indigo Crown Chakra. This chakra represents our ability to connect spiritually, feel blissful, and feel inner and outer beauty.
People who are physically and emotionally healthy also have healthy chakras and auras. They feel overall balanced and joyful.
Chakras that are unbalanced can lead to illness, depression and disease. For example, if you are constipated, this is a strong indicator that your second and third chakras are sluggish or closed. If you have diarrhea, the energy in these chakras are too excessive.
When our chakras are balanced, positive energy radiates from our bodies and into our auras. Instead of counting our past regrets, we live in the moment. Instead of constantly living in the future because the current moment is too painful, we embrace the present.
When we feel good, we like the way we look and feel. People want to be with us because we also make them feel good. We are confident, happy, and pleasant, and we become a people magnet, attracting others with similar energy. We develop an unshakeable trust in ourselves and second guessing is eliminated.
How do your chakras become unbalanced? Many imbalances come from limiting beliefs. These thoughts have been embedded into our energetic bodies since childhood by parents, teachers, and spiritual leaders. There are many rigid beliefs about religion and spirituality; of not being good enough; fear of alienation, being judged, and being different; and believing you don’t have the strength to overcome negative cycles.
How do you balance your chakras and strengthen your aura? The first step is to recognize where you are emotionally and physically. Learning to accept who you are without judgment is a big step. Let go of regrets, including the notion of what could have been, and why you haven’t done it yet, are enormous steps toward your transformation.
Next, give yourself grace, love and support by saying to yourself, “I am more than good enough!” If you repeat this mantra often, you will come to believe it.
Live a mindful life, by being mindful of everything you say and do. It will help you to make better choices to live and feel better. You CAN break the cycle of negativity and strengthen your aura and chakras.
About the writer – Helen Chin Lui, Certified Reflexologist, Certified Energy Medicine and Chakra Balancing practitioner, Reiki Master and Teacher. She is the owner of the Healing Place in Medfield, MA. She specializes in helping people to find relief from digestive disorder, chronic pain and balance hormones naturally. To schedule a free consultation, call 508 359-6463 or schedule at www.healingplacemedfield.com
For the Healing Place Medfield’s free report “Proven Alternative Ways to Heal Common Chronic Digestive Problems: What Your Doctor Doesn’t Know Can Keep You From Healing” click here.