Eliminate Coughing, Mucus, and Phlegm Production Now!
Respiratory infections like colds, flu, and sinusitis are common causes of increased mucus production. When mucus drips down the back of the throat, it triggers a coughing reflex. Now in the era of COVID19, we have to be more careful than ever to keep our respiratory function healthy by observing proper hygiene.
Steps to Eliminate Excess Mucus and Phlegm Production
- Manage stress and get enough sleep, so the body does not get run down
- Build the body’s immunity by eating a healthy alkaline diet; be aware of how much acidity foods such as sugar, grain carbs, no nutrition value food, alcohol, meat, and dairy consumed.
- Keep the air moist so that the lining of the nose does not dry out. Moist nostrils trap pathogens, while dry nostrils do not.
- Boost the environment with a humidifier or take warm showers and baths, and drink plenty of hot beverages
- If a nasal spray is needed, try an over the counter saline spray
Persistent and Phlegmy Coughing
Anyone who ever has had a persistent and phlegmy cough knows how annoying this is. This type of cough caused by a respiratory tract infection such as bronchitis that can lead to pneumonia if the coughing does not improve. Pneumonia is an infection in the lung ranging from mild “walking Pneumonia” to life-threatening where the lungs fill with fluid and pus. A younger person is more likely to overcome this illness than an older adult.
Protect Lungs and Respiratory Organs
- Wash hands frequently
- Stay away from people that are sick
- Cover coughs and sneezes into a tissue or the elbow.
- Clean high touch areas with disinfectants
- Increase the immune system with vitamin C, Zinc, Elderberry Syrup. There are plenty of supplements that help to support respiratory functions.
- Immunity begins in the stomach and what to eat to build the immune system – Article by Helen Chin Lu: 8 Immunity-Boosting Foods.
Video: Try this Foot Reflexology Tip to Bust Coughing Mucus Production and Phlegm Production
About the Writer and Film Maker
Helen Chin Lui is a Certified Reflexologist, Certified Energy Medicine, and Reiki Practitioner. She is the owner of the Healing Place LLC and Healing Place Energy School LLC in Medfield, MA. She specializes in helping adults and children to find long-lasting relief from chronic pain, digestive issues, and heal hormonal imbalances naturally.
Healing Place Energy School
Learn more in-depth hand and foot reflexology from the privacy of your home by going to HealingPlaceEnergySchool.com. Become a member as little as $10 a month. We offer Reflexology, chakra, self care, meditation, reiki courses.
Helen Chin Lui’s Books
If you would like to learn more about personal energy flow, or Reflexology techniques, get copies of Helen’s Books Know Your Chakras: Introduction to Energy Medicine or Foot Reflexology to Promote Relaxation