Preparation time: 30 minutes
4 medium bell peppers (different colors)
4 potatoes (about 5oz each), peeled, boiled, and mashed
2 teaspoons lime juice
½ teaspoon turmeric powder
Salt to taste
2 teaspoons oil
2 teaspoons fennel seeds
1. Slice a small piece off the top of each pepper and remove the seeds and white membranes.
2. Place the mashed potatoes in a medium bowl. Add the lime juice, turmeric, and salt. Mix well. Spoon the potato mixture into the prepared peppers until they are nearly full.
3. Heat the oil in a deep sauté pan over medium heat for 1 minute. Add the asafetida and fennel seeds. When the seeds start to splutter, place the stuffed peppers, top side up, in the pan. Reduce the heat to low. Cover the pan and cook for 10 minutes.
4. Carefully turn the peppers upside down, without allowing the stuffing to fall out. (Note: Some fennel seeds should cling to the stuffing.) Continue to cook over low heat for 5 to 8 minutes longer.
5. Turn the peppers top side up. Test each pepper for doneness by gently pushing against the side. When the pepper is fully cooked, it will feel soft.
6. When the peppers are done, remove the pan from the heat and allow the peppers to cool slightly before serving.
About the creator – Nicky Moona is a yoga chef, author and the very first to incorporate yogic food philosophy in an approachable way. Born in India and raised in a family that has been following the yoga lifestyle for several centuries; she learned generations’ worth of yoga culinary traditions, passed along by her mother and grandmother. Her home-style recipes are adapted to allow even beginners to quickly learn to move within the yoga culinary techniques and cook with ease. Her cooking style caters to several different audiences, especially vegetarians and health conscious food lovers. Nicky Moona now resides in New York City.
If you would like to learn how reflexology can enhance, help and support your health, please schedule a free consultation with the HealingPlaceMed by calling 508 359-6463.
For the Healing Place Medfield’s free report “Proven Alternative Ways to Heal Common Chronic Digestive Problems: What Your Doctor Doesn’t Know Can Keep You From Healing” click here.