Premenstrual Syndrome (PMS) can be associated with copper toxicity! Copper imbalance is present in most female organic conditioners and can be seen on hair tests. Common causes of copper imbalance include:
- Stress: This can affect the adrenal glands, which can then lower Zinc. Copper starts to build up in the body when zinc is deficient, since copper and zinc are antagonists.
- Birth control pills, Patches, and intra-uterine devices
- A widespread zinc deficiency in our foods
- Slow oxidation rate on a hair analysis, especially adrenal exhaustion. Adrenal exhaustion is a health condition I had for many years, and was able to recover through hair analysis and nutritional balancing.
- Vegetarian diets: are high in copper and low in zinc.
- Congenital high copper levels: Excessive copper can be passed from mother to child.
- Other sources of copper include swimming pools and hot tubs treated with copper algaecides, pesticides, fungicides, water pipes, and more!
About the writer: Kristen Harper of Perfect Health Consulting Services, LLC
For the Healing Place Medfield’s free report “Proven Alternative Ways to Heal Common Chronic Digestive Problems: What Your Doctor Doesn’t Know Can Keep You From Healing” click here.
Interested in Reiki or Reflexology? Call The Healing Place Medfield at (508) 359-6463 to schedule a free consultation, or email Helen at email@example.com.