Being happy is a choice. We all want to be satisfied, but we think that happiness comes to us through someone else or purchases we made or making money. Happiness has to come from within and not chase elusive rainbows.
Happiness is subjective. What makes one person happy may make another upset or sad. Most people long for life’s essentials such as good health, partner and children, healthy relationships, shelter, food, purposeful work, peace of mind, joy, and happiness. Without these essentials, there is an upset in life balance. I find that being mindful is key to much of our happiness. If you are aware of your health, you probably want to take care of your health by eating a proper diet and exercising regularly. If you long for healthy relationships, you want the people in your life to matter to you and you to them.
Many Ways to Be Happy
There are many ways to be happy. The list is endless when you decide to make some changes in your life. Changes don’t have to be drastic but do require you to go outside of your comfort zone by doing things differently.
Choose to practice something from this list every day. Feel free to change up the list and add what you would like to do.
- Wake up and list your appreciations
- Kiss your spouse, children, and pets
- Tell everyone who matters to you that you sincerely love them
- Look at yourself in the mirror and tell yourself how great you are and that there is no one else like you on the planet
- Thank each of your body parts for serving you.
- Meditate for a few minutes to connect with the universe, with God and make peace
- Make time to go for a walk or exercise with your partner, children, and dog(s)
- Go over your daily list of things to do and pick the top 3. Let the rest go
- Do everything with delight and awareness
- Laugh at least 10 times daily
- Smile at everyone
- Be intimate with your partner
- Do one new thing every day, even if it is small, and definitely out of your comfort zone
- Take an electronic break from your computer, cell phone, TV, iPad, etc. at least an hour a day or more
About the Writer
Helen Chin Lui is a Certified Reflexologist, Certified Energy Medicine and Chakra Balancing Practitioner, Reiki Master and Teacher. Helen is the owner of the Healing Place LLC and the Healing Place Energy School LLC in Medfield, Massachusetts, USA. She specializes in helping adults to find long-term relief from chronic pain, chronic digestive problems, and balances hormones naturally.
Learn Self-Care Course on HealingPlaceEnergySchool.com
Become a member of the HealingPlaceEnergySchool.com. We offer an array of self-care and self-healing courses that you can learn from your home. The choices are endless, and we are continuously adding new classes. Courses like Reflexology, Chakras healing, Inspirations, Meditations, Mindful, Self-Care, and many more.
Helen Chin Lui’s Books
If you would like to learn more about personal energy flow, or Reflexology techniques, get copies of Helen’s Books Know Your Chakras: Introduction to Energy Medicine or Foot Reflexology to Promote Relaxation : Introduction to Energy Medicine or Foot Reflexology to Promote Relaxation