Try these simple hand exercises if they feel stress from overworking. They can be done anywhere, anytime and often as you like.
1. Make fists with both hands and hold them tight for several seconds. Then, open the palms fast and spread your fingers. Repeat this exercise 10 times.
2. Rotate your wrists with circle motions. Make 10 circle motions with both wrists, clockwise and counterclockwise.
3. Make circle motion with your thumbs both ways. Do these exercises 10 times.
4. Lift your palm above your head and let them freefall. Practice this exercise 20 times.
5. Press your hands tightly to each other. Your elbows should be shoulder height. With clenched fingers, separate the palms while increasing the distance between joints. The fingers should remain merged all the time while doing this exercise. Then return your hands to their original positions. Repeat 10 times.
These few exercises should be done several times during the day, especially after a heavy physical work or while sitting in front of computer with your hand constantly on the mouse.
These exercises will help you maintain fingers’ and joints’ flexibility. They will also improve circulation and reduce swellings.
Do arm movements as often as you can. Carpal tunnel syndrome occurs due to long repetition of the same movements. If you work long on the computer, then you must buy a bigger mouse.
If you follow these simple exercises and rules you will be able to avoid difficult and unpleasant painful symptoms in your hands, arms and neck.
If you would like to learn how reflexology can help to alleviate the pain of carpal tunnel syndrome, please call to schedule a FREE 60-minute consultation by call 508 359-6463.