Support Your Immune System and Digestive Health with Fire Cider
I was introduced to fire cider when I wasn’t feeling well. There are so many benefits to taking fire cider vinegar. As an illness preventive and when you feel like a cold is coming on. Fire cider is an apple cider vinegar elixir infused with superfoods, including hot peppers, turmeric, ginger, garlic, lemons, and oranges.
Every tablespoon of fire cider vinegar is an energizing tonic of concentrated ingredients designed to support health, vitality, and digestive health. It is also antibacterial and antiviral. Did you know that 80% of your immunity lives in your small intestines?
Dosage: To build the immune system, take one tablespoon or one or two-ounce fire cider daily. Since I can’t drink apple vinegar without diluting it, I mix one tablespoon with 8-12 ounce of room temperature water for the immune building and digestive support. If you feel a cold or flu coming on, take smaller amounts of fire cider throughout the day and as long as needed.
Other Benefits of Fire Cider
- Boosts energy
- Eases sinus congestion
- Lowers blood sugar
- Aids digestion
- Lowers cholesterol
Fire Cider Vinegar Recipe
- Prep time: 30 minutes
- Makes 26 ounces
Use only fresh ingredients if possible, and finely chopped. Mix all ingredients in a bowl, then transfer into one or two mason bottles (bottle be 2/3 full with vegetables)
- 24 ounces of organic apple cider vinegar
- 1/4 cup of finely chopped garlic
- 1/4 cup chopped onion
- 2 finely chopped hot pepper (the hotter the pepper, the better. Wear gloves to clean and chop.)
- 1/4 cup of finely grated or chopped ginger
- 2 Tablespoon of grated horseradish
- 2 Tablespoon of turmeric powder or 2 fresh, chopped turmeric
- 1 fresh lemon or/and fresh 1 orange juice with rind cut into small pieces
Now pour vinegar to the top of the bottle(s.) Put a lid on and shake vigorously.
Age the vinegar for two weeks in a cool place (it does not have to be refriderated.) Shake the bottle a couple of times a day to distribute the vegetables. At the end of two weeks, it is time to squeeze the juice from the vegetables and then strain it into a clean jar. Take as needed when needed. You do not have to refrigerate the elixir.
- Organic apple cider vinegar – high in vitamin C, fiber, and acids can boost immune system while relieving congestion and loosening phlegm.
- Fresh horseradish – has antibiotic properties that is known to fight against respiratory illnesses such as a cold and flus.
- Ginger – has antibiotic properties that can support the immune sytem, can support digestive health, and support upper respiratory tract.
- Onion – boosts immune system.
- Garlic – boosts immune system
- Hot peppers – helps to relieve sinus congestion
- Citrus fruits – for vitamin C to build the immune system. Vitamin C can increase production of white blood cells to fight off infections.
- Turmeric – helps the body to naturally cleanse the rspiratory tract and fight off infection and is an anti inflammatory.
About the Writer, Reflexologist, and Filmmaker
Helen Chin Lui is a Certified Reflexologist, Certified Energy Medicine Practitioner, Reiki Master, and teacher. She is the owner of the Healing Place LLC and Healingl Place Energy School LLC
Healing Place LLC
Healing Place LLC specializes in helping people of all ages break the pain cycles of chronic pain, chronic digestive problems and balances hormones naturally. If you would like to learn how Reflexology can support your health, please schedule a FREE consultation on the HealingPlaceMedfield.com website or call 508.359.6463.
Healing Place Energy School LLC
Want to learn how to better care for yourself and your loved one with holistic medicine? Become a member of the HealingPlaceEnergySchool.com. We offer courses self-care courses: Energy Medicine, Mindful, Reflexology, Meditations, and Self-Awareness. All courses are taken from the privacy of your home. These are empowering self-care and self-help classes that teach lifelong skills.
Helen Chin Lui’s Books